There are plenty of new and updated men’s hairstyles to choose from, even though many classic cuts have stood the test of time. If you’re looking to add some pizzazz to your current hairstyle or you’re unsure how to style a new one, we’ve collected some tips from professional men’s stylists that you can incorporate into your daily hair care routine.
- Find the Right Men’s Hairstyle for You The most critical step is to choose a men’s hairstyle that fits your personality, taste, and lifestyle. If you work in a professional or athletic environment, avoid hairstyles that take too long to style, such as longer cuts. If you’re more daring, try a more adventurous look. Also, it’s essential to find a haircut that complements your facial structure. You can always ask your barber for recommendations, or bring a photo of the men’s hairstyle you want.
- Listen to Your Stylist’s Advice Once you’ve decided on the right haircut, ask your barber for tips on how to maintain and style it. It’s easy to love how your hair looks after leaving the barbershop, but it can be challenging to recreate that freshly cut and styled look. Your barber can recommend the best products for your hair type and provide tips on how to style it daily.
- Don’t Wash Your Hair Every Day Washing your hair every day can make it dry and brittle. This isn’t ideal for certain hair types, such as fine or curly hair. It’s best to shampoo your hair once or twice a week. Ask your barber for advice on how often you should wash your hair.
- Use the Right Products for Your Hair Type From shampoo and conditioner to gels, mousse, and pomade, there’s a hair product for every style and texture of hair. You can find a wide range of products at big box stores or drug stores, or you can visit a men’s hair salon for more extensive options. Your barber can help you determine which products are best for your hair type and men’s hairstyle.
- Keep Your Hair Hydrated It’s essential to keep your hair hydrated to maintain its health. You can use quality conditioners or leave-in conditioner products to achieve this. Different hair types may require specific hydrating products, such as coconut oil, shea butter, or jojoba oil. Your hairstylist can advise you on which products are suitable for your hair.
- Avoid Using Heat on Your Hair Heating tools can dry out your hair, so try to avoid them as much as possible. A wash-and-go men’s haircut is an excellent solution, but if you need to use a hairdryer, try not to use it too frequently to prevent your hair and scalp from drying out.
- Maintain Your Men’s Hairstyle with Regular Trims The key to the best men’s hairstyles is maintenance. You should get your hair trimmed regularly, depending on how quickly it grows. Regular haircuts help maintain your look, promote hair growth, and keep your hair healthy.
Our Premier barber shop in the Vaughan or Woodbridge area is the top-rated one and we are ready to give you a fresh fade haircut.